16.6.09

...prologue...

Every writer hates staring at a blank page. Or rather, nowadays, a white screen. There is something inherently frightening about it. Maybe instead of the blankness of the page, it's the blankness of inspiration they fear.

Writer's block.

The bane of writer's all over the world.

It is something each of us deals with differently. I personally work in short verse for a while to relieve myself. Or spend time away for a few hours. But the most important thing I have learned in years of writing is to avoid burnout. Burnout leads directly to long-term writer's block. I've been down that dark tunnel and never wish it again.

An auspicious and foreboding beginning to this blog, I know. But it needed to be discussed. Here I plan on laying out the emotions, conflicts, struggles and successes that go with writing - something I do every single day. And I will discuss (with names shielded for the innocent) the pros and cons of writing in groups.

My goals for this blog are two fold: 1) to be an outlet for frustration and anger while writing and thus diverting it from hurting those I write with; and 2) to be helpful to other writer's in their quest to be understood. If I can achieve that, I shall be a happy authoress.

2 comments:

Kimmy said...

i look forward to your insights!

Liz Wharton said...

thanks hon!!!

Post a Comment